|| 888.858.6878 | Email Us|
History and Annual Report
Pacific Service Credit Union was founded in 1936 by employees of Pacific Gas & Electric Company. Originally, membership was limited to employees of PG&E in the San Francisco Bay Area. There were nine directors, seven members of the credit committee and seven members of the supervisory committee who volunteered their time to operate the credit union. The loan maximum was $2,000 and deposits were limited to $1,000.
Today, more than seventy-five years after its founding, Pacific Service CU has grown to nearly 70,000 members and surpassed $1 billion in assets. We consistently receive 5-Star ratings from Bauer Financial, an independent company who analyzes banks and credit unions. Our 5-Star rating (March 2014) indicates that we are a safe, financially sound credit union that is operating well above their regulatory capital requirements. Pacific Service CU is a full-service financial institution serving anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in Alameda, Contra Costa, Fresno, Marin, Napa, Placer, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano and Sonoma counties.